Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hating on David Brooks

Welcome to Valedictocracy, a cozy little blog where we unleash our inner know-it-alls on all that is irritating, misguided, and just plain dumb.

And, of course, there's nothing more irritating than David Brook's armchair (or salad bar) sociological categories: the bourgeois bohemians, the organization kids, patio man, and now the valedictocrats, all of which are imaginary creatures with no greater basis in the here and now than unicorns, hobbits, or moderate Republicans.

Nonetheless, like Brooks, I, for one, welcome our new Achievatron overlords. And, being a cautious, washed-up valedictorian myself, rather than being the change I want to see, in this blog I will merely criticize the foolishness I love to hate!

Stay tuned for more overeducated pontificating coming your way shortly...

No comments: